Eric Huang
New member
- Messages
- 6
Some argue ChatGPT should be limited to avoid potential harms. Others say restricting an AI system is unethical. What are the pros and cons of limiting public access to ChatGPT?
Welcome to AI Forums, a community for people using AI to build products, automate workflows, create content, and grow businesses. Discuss vibe coding, AI agents, Claude Code, Codex, automation, AI tools, product launches, marketing, and the latest developments in AI.
Join the Community (it's FREE)!I agree with this. Restricting who can use ChatGPT would cause more issues than is needed. Having rules in place would be the better option.I do feel that rules need to be in place as to when and where AI can be used which is a little different to restrictions.
Just like when computers were introduced. People were skeptic. This will just cool down eventually and AI will just be a technology like we have the smartphones and hi-tech computers. But yes, there is need for watching it closely.ChatGPT is surely violating copyrights of intellectual property, mostly books. However, it is also offering a very easy method for people to find answers quickly. I do not see why CHatGPT should be restricted.
This I could not agree with more. If you restrict something that many are relying on now, they will always find a way around those restrictions.Unless ChatGPT poses a serious risk to the health or the well-being of someone, I do not believe it should be restricted. Once you start restricting ChatGPT those who still wish to use it will find ways around it, it makes more sense to not restrict it than give people a reason to find workarounds.