Bard not living up to hype

  • A community for building, creating, and growing with AI.

    Welcome to AI Forums, a community for people using AI to build products, automate workflows, create content, and grow businesses. Discuss vibe coding, AI agents, Claude Code, Codex, automation, AI tools, product launches, marketing, and the latest developments in AI.

    Join the Community (it's FREE)!

Catalina

Member
Messages
65
Despite claims of surpassing ChatGPT, Bard is proving limited:
  • Creative writing is trite, not impressed
  • Factual Q&A often way off base
  • Python code riddled with errors
Meanwhile, ChatGPT via Bing nailed precision tasks. And its creativity slider enables better customization.

Bard feels half-baked compared to ChatGPT's capabilities and configurability. It's not the advance Google claimed. Hoping the tech improves, but for now hype exceeds reality.
 
You're right - I likely misinterpreted Google's claims. Bard seems more comparable to ChatGPT 3.5 than the forthcoming 4.0. The fresher training data provides some advantages.

But for any moderately complex tasks, I'm still finding myself having to switch over to ChatGPT via Bing AI. It simply handles nuanced prompts and questions better.

Bard has room to grow before matching GPT-4. The technology shows promise but overselling its current capabilities doesn't help. I'll keep checking back on Bard's progress but for now, ChatGPT remains the more capable option even in preview form.
 
Google's AI demos have failed to deliver in the past. So Bard's slick reveal felt familiar - flashy but headed for vaporware?

I want quality ChatGPT alternatives, but so far none match its capabilities. Bard may get there eventually with Google's resources.

But until real-world performance lives up to the hype, skepticism is warranted. ChatGPT still sets the standard. For Google's sake, hoping Bard proves more breakthrough than smoke and mirrors. The demo dazzles but past vaporware makes me cautious.
 
Despite claims of surpassing ChatGPT, Bard is proving limited:
  • Creative writing is trite, not impressed
  • Factual Q&A often way off base
  • Python code riddled with errors
Meanwhile, ChatGPT via Bing nailed precision tasks. And its creativity slider enables better customization.

Bard feels half-baked compared to ChatGPT's capabilities and configurability. It's not the advance Google claimed. Hoping the tech improves, but for now hype exceeds reality.
It sounds like Bard still has some room for improvement, especially in accuracy and creativity. It's great that ChatGPT remains a reliable and versatile tool to aid us with our daily tasks.
 
It sounds like Bard still has some room for improvement, especially in accuracy and creativity. It's great that ChatGPT remains a reliable and versatile tool to aid us with our daily tasks.
Bard is continuously evolving and will probably become way better in the near future. However, I'm glad to hear that ChatGPT remains a reliable tool for you as well. Do you think another competitor might show up in the next few years?
 
Bard is continuously evolving and will probably become way better in the near future. However, I'm glad to hear that ChatGPT remains a reliable tool for you as well. Do you think another competitor might show up in the next few years?
I don't know. Google has a way of overpromising. Just look at Stadia for instance. They made all these bold claims and in less than a year after release, it was already being shut down. I'm going to be skeptical until I see some actual improvement and I mean the drastic kind.
 
Back
Top