Drawing out the lesson - a principle to guide AI usage: correct but minimal support.

  • A community for building, creating, and growing with AI.

    Welcome to AI Forums, a community for people using AI to build products, automate workflows, create content, and grow businesses. Discuss vibe coding, AI agents, Claude Code, Codex, automation, AI tools, product launches, marketing, and the latest developments in AI.

    Join the Community (it's FREE)!

petercollins101

New member
Messages
14
Problem: How to train people to be efficient learners.

Solution: An AI system that helps us learn but with minimal support. It gives us just enough of the right support so we can figure out the problem and we can learn ourselves. This maximises the learners sense of agency.

Implementation - development of methods to set appropriate problems or tasks or projects. The problems we are set should target us in our “zone of proximal developments”.

Example: Math is one of the easier one to proceduralise. The users current ability is assessed and they are set problems at the edge of their current ability. Short tuition videos are AI generated to teach specific mathimatical laws or principles. Users are encourageed to give real-time feedback when they are stuck or when they have a realisation. Over time the system learns the optimal length of a learning session for the specific user, as well as time of day, the speed of progression, the learning consolidation period etc.

Achieving the goal - minus - support required to achieve the goal -> reinforcement/punishment of the goal directed behaviour. By minimising the support the learner gets a truer sense of their own behaviour.
 
The problem now is that the world is now too dependent on technology. This is why everyone is hooked into one sort of technology for different reasons for the support and assistance they will get from it. It's like how AI programs are being used now. Human beings will definitely surrender completely to this technology and it's wrong in my opinion no matter how it's supposed to be.
 
The problem now is that the world is now too dependent on technology. This is why everyone is hooked into one sort of technology for different reasons for the support and assistance they will get from it. It's like how AI programs are being used now. Human beings will definitely surrender completely to this technology and it's wrong in my opinion no matter how it's supposed to be.
Yes. I see what you mean. I like the idea of AI and other tec being used to support people in the first instance, but then supporting people to ween themselves off over-dependance.
 
Yes. I see what you mean. I like the idea of AI and other tec being used to support people in the first instance, but then supporting people to ween themselves off over-dependance.
This is actually the reason why I don't give into using AI programs 100% in almost everything that I'm doing. This is because the moment I do so, I can't have the confidence in myself that I can so anything successfully without using AI programs for it.
 
Back
Top