Does the Claude Pro subscription cover access to the API as well?

  • A community for building, creating, and growing with AI.

    Welcome to AI Forums, a community for people using AI to build products, automate workflows, create content, and grow businesses. Discuss vibe coding, AI agents, Claude Code, Codex, automation, AI tools, product launches, marketing, and the latest developments in AI.

    Join the Community (it's FREE)!

AIExplorer2

New member
Messages
1
Hi,

I have 3-4 questions that remain unanswered, from over a week ago. I'll restrict this thread to a single question, and ask the others later.

I purchased the Claude Pro monthly subscription, because I couldn't see how to purchase the annual one. But it's unclear how to get the API keys for development.

From the claude chat page https://claude.ai logged in, if I try to go to the https://console.anthropic.com page, it appears that I have to create a separate account.

Is the API a separate subscription from the Claude subscription? Is there any point in having the Claude subscription, if I only want to access the AI from a script, not from the chat page?

Thanks for suggestions on helping me to get started.
 
Regarding the Claude Pro subscription, it would be useful if they stated how developers may acquire API keys. Hopefully, they will be able to address this issue quickly and provide greater information on subscription management and access to development tools. Null Brawl APK
 
Yes, it is, API accounts use credits - you load them in your account like a pay-as-you-go account. The point of having the Claude Pro subscription is to have larger usage limits to the Claude website compared to users with free accounts. You can't use the API without an front-end app, you can use OpenRouter, or build your own.
 
Back
Top