Do those AI plagiarism websites really work?

  • A community for building, creating, and growing with AI.

    Welcome to AI Forums, a community for people using AI to build products, automate workflows, create content, and grow businesses. Discuss vibe coding, AI agents, Claude Code, Codex, automation, AI tools, product launches, marketing, and the latest developments in AI.

    Join the Community (it's FREE)!

bomb

Member
Messages
89
Just ran some old university essays through, and it seems like AI might be at play. Happened with texts from 20th-century authors too. Reminds me of my first-year creative writing class when my 2,000-word story got flagged as plagiarized. The professor sorted it out after a chat. Makes me think we need to update the education system with AI in mind. Thoughts?
 
Just ran some old university essays through, and it seems like AI might be at play. Happened with texts from 20th-century authors too. Reminds me of my first-year creative writing class when my 2,000-word story got flagged as plagiarized. The professor sorted it out after a chat. Makes me think we need to update the education system with AI in mind. Thoughts?
AI catching plagiarism from 20th-century authors is both impressive and a bit concerning. The education system definitely needs an upgrade to handle these tech twists. Did your professor share insights on how to deal with AI false alarms?
 
I have used a lot of AI detector tools and in my experience, they are not 100 percent accurate. I have never used premium AI detector tools but the free ones I have used have a lot of flaws. I have tested with my own text and they sometimes how upto 50 percent AI generated.
 
There have been many times that I have created work which has been my own work without any help from AI and when I have checked it through a plagiarism checker, it has come back that it is mostly AI detected.

It is quite worrying that these detectors find plagiarism in something that is not.
 
Well, as I mentioned in other threads, this is a big problem and, yes, the education system will be turned upside down and the only solution is for students to write papers with people monitoring them. Who thinks this won't be the case? It's quite obvious.
 
Well, as I mentioned in other threads, this is a big problem and, yes, the education system will be turned upside down and the only solution is for students to write papers with people monitoring them. Who thinks this won't be the case? It's quite obvious.
teachers are using AI to create lesson plans and students are using AI tools to write term papers. This is the absurdity at its best. While I believe AI should be used in workflow, however, I am strictly against students using AI. We need an AI tool that will detect AI content with 100 percent accuracy.
 
It has happened to me too, I wrote an article with proper research based on my own words and I did not touch AI for any ideas and reviews. I checked in a plagiarism checker tool, and it reported plagiarism-free free and it was a premium version, But I was surprised when the AI detector said that my article was 30% generated.
 
Most of the free AI detector tools are not 100% accurate. This is why I don't depend on just one of them to be convinced of the result. I will have to use at the 4 different tools before I will tally up my findings and make my decision.
 
Most of the free AI detector tools are not 100% accurate. This is why I don't depend on just one of them to be convinced of the result. I will have to use at the 4 different tools before I will tally up my findings and make my decision.
I am completely agree with you because most of the plagiarism checkers deliver false results especially those are free of cost. Have you ever used Grammarly ever before since it provides more accurate results and most of the academic writers make use of it. It also helps in proofreading of your content.
 
I have used a lot of AI detector tools and in my experience, they are not 100 percent accurate. I have never used premium AI detector tools but the free ones I have used have a lot of flaws. I have tested with my own text and they sometimes how upto 50 percent AI generated.
With the evolution of the AI writing tools, most of the Plagiarism checker tools have been showing false outcomes. Rather than using them to check the plagiarism, I like to check my content manually or make use of premium version of Grammarly.
 
There have been many times that I have created work which has been my own work without any help from AI and when I have checked it through a plagiarism checker, it has come back that it is mostly AI detected.

It is quite worrying that these detectors find plagiarism in something that is not.
I agreed with you because I have a personal experience with a client's weeks back as the client didn't want to pay. Saying my content was ai- generated which was just my work and thoughts. So sometimes Ai is flawed and we just have to look for a way to effectively handle this as writers.
 
AI plagiarism websites are bundles of confusing tools. The AI plagiarism websites use to give conflicting informations. It will be quite erroneous and damaging to rely on the AI plagiarism websites for evaluating academic papers. I only use the websites for fun and not for my academic purposes. I strongly believe that those plagiarism websites use the data we input to build its database. We need to be cautious when using these AI plagiarism websites.
 
With the evolution of the AI writing tools, most of the Plagiarism checker tools have been showing false outcomes. Rather than using them to check the plagiarism, I like to check my content manually or make use of premium version of Grammarly.
You can be sure of your own written content to be free from plagiarism because you know whether you copied from another source or not. You can't check other's content manually for plagiarism.
 
You can be sure of your own written content to be free from plagiarism because you know whether you copied from another source or not. You can't check other's content manually for plagiarism.
I meant, after writing content, I usually check some sentences in Google for the uniqueness. And once you get experience with this, you will never need to check the entire content and you will understand what to edit or not.
 
I meant, after writing content, I usually check some sentences in Google for the uniqueness. And once you get experience with this, you will never need to check the entire content and you will understand what to edit or not.
Yeah, that's true. It's all about writing your content in a way that it's not going to be free of such errors. The only exception is when you own a website, therefore it's paramount to use such AI tool to detect contents which are AI generated 100% some writer's post on your site.
 
teachers are using AI to create lesson plans and students are using AI tools to write term papers. This is the absurdity at its best. While I believe AI should be used in workflow, however, I am strictly against students using AI. We need an AI tool that will detect AI content with 100 percent accuracy.
I suppose that's awesome for teachers, but then again, what are we paying them for? Well, aside from having to deal with hard-to-deal-with-students, where is the real work? In fact, lesson plans I think might be one big justification for teacher pay, but then again, a lot of teachers aren't paid that well.
 
I am someone who always likes any work I complete to be my work and there have been times I have put my work that I know I created in my own words through an AI plagiarism tool and the majority of it has come up as being AI-generated.

I think at the moment, we are seeing that AI plagiarism tools are not as reliable as we may have thought and it could be some time before they are.
 
I have never used any AI detector tool. Neither have I used any AI tools help so far to assist in my work. Most of the article and discussions that I write are without any AI tools help. I would do my own research and write in my words. My husband does the same for his technology related blogs. Recently he wrote one article and got it checked for plagiarism. It came out plagiarism free. But when his friend did check it with AI detector ( I am not sure what he actually used), it came out to be 40 percent AI generated. This came as a big shock to my husband. This is unfortunate and can be demotivating to people who put their hardwork and don't take help from AI. It seems that AI detectors are not accurate, at least not the ones that are available for free.
 
Back
Top