Could You Teach AI Human Values Such As Ethics And Compassion?

  • A community for building, creating, and growing with AI.

    Welcome to AI Forums, a community for people using AI to build products, automate workflows, create content, and grow businesses. Discuss vibe coding, AI agents, Claude Code, Codex, automation, AI tools, product launches, marketing, and the latest developments in AI.

    Join the Community (it's FREE)!
Messages
81
Personally, I don't think we'll ever get to a situation like that in the next 20 years. The reason being that AI will never understand human values because they have some emotional connotations to them which AI isn't born with and it isn't something that can be replicated by technology. What do you think?
 
I understand that AI can not understand the human emotions because feelings can not be inserted and it is God gifted. But I think AI can be developed to understand and learn the social ethics so that it can recognize the difference of Right and Wrong.
 
It would be very complex to teach an AI system the human values of ethics and compassion. It is challenging to understand the true emotions in AI, but there are still efforts to incorporate the emotions and behaviour of the AI system.
 
It would be very complex to teach an AI system the human values of ethics and compassion. It is challenging to understand the true emotions in AI, but there are still efforts to incorporate the emotions and behaviour of the AI system.
What are those efforts through which AI can be learned to understand human feelings? I think it is completely non realistic for today' technology but what is hidden in the future, we can not say.
 
It would be very difficult to teach AI human emotions like compassion and ethics but I don't think that it's something impossible to do. If AI program developers are going to do this, it's going to be tough but it will take a while as it's something I see being possible.
 
It would be very complex to teach an AI system the human values of ethics and compassion. It is challenging to understand the true emotions in AI, but there are still efforts to incorporate the emotions and behaviour of the AI system.
You have a point there. AI's emotional response will never get to that point because it's just a system without emotions, and feeding it data on human emotions still won't get it to the point of understanding our emotions.
 
You have a point there. AI's emotional response will never get to that point because it's just a system without emotions, and feeding it data on human emotions still won't get it to the point of understanding our emotions.
In my opinion, I don't think we would ever see these machine be taught human emotions. This is because if they can learn and display human emotions, they will easily replace us and make us become irrelevant and extinct.
 
Teaching the AI to feel emotions would undoubtedly be challenging, but it is not unachievable. In actuality, we can demonstrate to them what a human face looks like in various emotional states, such as sadness, rage, exhaustion, or happiness. Therefore, I believe it would be feasible if we could demonstrate that and program it in that way.
 
Teaching the AI programs how to feel emotions and our ethics may seem impossible at the moment because these programs are still in their early stages. When they have been upgraded to their best performance levels, it's not going to sound like a too difficult job to teach these language models human emotions.
 
It doesn't look like a possibility at present. But talks and research have already started. I am personally doubtful about it. AI is trained through data. We will not have concrete data for emotions and ethics. We learn them by living like a human in the society. We are naturally wired for that.
There is a lot of talk about that. But then I feel that it would not be easy . And I doubt the accuracy and efficiency even when it becomes a possibility.
 
It doesn't look like a possibility at present. But talks and research have already started. I am personally doubtful about it. AI is trained through data. We will not have concrete data for emotions and ethics. We learn them by living like a human in the society. We are naturally wired for that.
There is a lot of talk about that. But then I feel that it would not be easy . And I doubt the accuracy and efficiency even when it becomes a possibility.
This is something that I might have a good reason to agree with because when it comes to upgrading technology, it's what's very consistent. The moment Al program developers are interested in building AI that can understand human emotions, this is going to become a reality.
 
Back
Top